Friday, March 6, 2009

Snowy night in Wolfville

Hello. I don't know how you got here, and I don't know where you're going, but stay awhile, investigate.
My story is not unique, but I enjoy how few other people are here in Nova Scotia from Saskatchewan. Normally it goes the other way 'round. Coming from the prairies to the east coast for school, a few things change. Mostly the weather (hello rain, sleet, and dampness). Going back and forth every spring and fall gives you a sense of transience, a perspective where change is, oddly enough, the only constant principle to order your life around. Change is the only constant.
Not that I mind.
As for this blog-blag-weblog-whatnot, laugh at it, argue about it, so long as you think about it! I'm a political science and philosophy student...its what I do. Therefore, I think you should too. Thinking never hurt anybody (too badly).
As Kurt Vonnegut once said, The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way to make life more bearable.
Making a living is infinitely less important to me than living my life. Wait, what's that you say?

"OH EM GEE TIM THATS LIKE SO DEEP RIGHT!?!1"

No, not really. I'm just a naive college kid like everyone else hah. We practically ooze pretension, and I hate that.
Really, the more I learn, the more I'm humbled by how fucking little I actually know. So, oye como va! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment